Last updated: 25th Aug 2020
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The following table lists the information we collect from you and how we use it:
- Nosmem is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
- We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
- We may collect your following information:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address.
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
Information We Collect
- Log-in Data. User ID, mobile phone number, password, gender, and IP address. We may collect an indicative age range which tells us that you are of the appropriate age to access our Platform and certain features of our Platform.
- Additional Profile Information. Alongside the Log-in Data, we also collect your photo and the biography provided by you on your user profile.
- Information from other sources. We may also be working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from such sources. Such data may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Platform.
- technical information, such as your mobile carrier-related information, configuration information made available by your web browser or other programs you use to access the Platform, your IP address and your device’s version and identification number.
- information about what you have searched for and looked at while using the Platform, such as web search terms used, social media profiles visited, mini applications used, and details of other information and content accessed or requested by you while using the Platform;
- general information about communications on the platform, such as the identity of a user that you
have communicated with and the time, data and duration of your communications; and
- metadata, which means information related to items you have made available through the Platform, such as the date, time or location that a shared photograph or video was taken or posted.
- User Search Data. Any searches you make on the Platform.
- Additional Account Security. We collect your phone number and request access to the SMSs on your phone by sending you a One-Time-Password (“OTP”), which you confirm by entering the OTP to confirm your identity, while registering with our Platform.
- Chat Data. We collect the content of any communications between you and another user, when you use any chat feature on the Platform. This is stored on your device and the devices of the users that you have sent communications to. However, we do not monitor your chat data, take any action based on your chat data or disclose it to any third party.
- Contacts List. We access the contacts list on your mobile device. We always ask for your consent before accessing your contacts list and you have the option to deny us the access to your contacts list.
- Location Information. "Location Data" is information that is derived from your GPS, IP address, and/or public posts that contain location information. You will disclose certain location information to us and to other Platform users. when you access the Platform, as we derive location information from your IP address, device, or internet service to prevent multiple or fraudulent logins to your account.
- Customer Support Information. Any information that you provide to our customer support team regarding any assistance or support that you may require for using our Platform from time to time.
- Device Data. includes without limitation, the following:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded.
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts you use.
- Device signals: We may collect your Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address and connection speed.
- Application: Any mobile applications that is stored on your mobile device.
- Media: We access the media gallery on your mobile device, including without limitation, images, videos and audio files and the storage space on your phone. However, we shall always obtain your consent before accessing your images and you shall have the option to deny us such access.
- To set up and facilitate log-in to a user account on Platform.
- To facilitate communication, including provision of user support.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies and any of our rights, or the rights of our affiliate companies, or other users of the Platform.
- To develop new services and improve the existing services and the Platform and integrate user feedback and requests.
- To provide language and location-basedpersonalization.
- To administer the Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, security, fraud-detection, account management, and survey purposes.
- To better understand how you use and access the Platform and to improve the user experience on the Platform.
- To anonymous and aggregate your information, including Personal Information, for conducting user demographic analysis on items such as region, phone model, operating system platform, system language, and the Platform version in order to better understand how our users are using Platform;
- To anonymous and aggregate your information, including Personal Information, for collection of web and account traffic statistics of what content and services are used when users access third-party services on the Platform.
- To assess effectiveness of and improve advertising and other marketing and promotional activities.
- To provide you quick access to your previous searches. To use analytics for personalization and showing you targeted advertisements.
- To verify your identity and for maintaining your account security.
- To facilitate delivery of communication to another user.
- For security, fraud-detection and account management.
- To provide you with location-based services that you choose to use:
- mini applications that may be made available on the Platform from time to time, which may require such information based on the services that they provide.
- To provide language and location customization
- To investigate your support issue.
- To facilitate the sharing of any media such as audios, videos, and images using the Platform.
- To customise our Platform to suit your mobile device.
- Understand whether there is enough storage space on your device to be able to download any content from the Platform for the purposes of sharing via WhatsApp and/or Facebook.
- To optimise your user experience on our Platform.
- To facilitate the sharing of any content on the Platform via the applications downloaded on your mobile device.
- To verify your identity so as to enforce our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To improve the Platform.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We disclose your information in the following manner:
Visible to Others
Public content i.e. any content you post on your user profile or on another user’s profile, such as a post comment, is accessible to everyone, including search engines. Any information you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Platform, including your profile page information, is accessible to anyone. When you submit, post or share the content that you choose to make public, on the Platform, it may be re-shared by others. You should consider who you choose to share it with, because people who can see your activity on our Platform can choose to share it with others on and off our Platform, including people outside the audience you shared it with.
Users can also use our Platform to create and share content about you with the audience that they choose, such as posting a photo of you, or tagging you in any of their posts.We reserve the right to share all public content on any social media site or any other online or offline platform. We will never rent or sell your Personal Information to third parties, except on an anonymized basis, unless expressly provided in these Terms.
Share with Others
When you share content and communicate using our Platform, you choose the audience for what you share. We do not control and shall not be liable for the manner, in which such use the information that you share with them.
We may share your information with select third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors. Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service and Affiliates’ own services for the performance of any contract we enter with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
- Government bodies or law enforcement agencies, if we have good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to share your personal data or information in order to comply with any legal obligation or any government request; or to protect the rights or prevent any harm to the property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or public; or to detect, prevent or otherwise address public safety, fraud, security or technical issues.
We may also disclose your information to select third parties in the following circumstances:
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to secure the information collected by us. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password which enables you to access the Platform, you are responsible for keeping these details confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store your data with IONOS VPS Server provided by 1&1 IONOS Inc. (headquartered at 701 Lee Road, Suite 300, Chesterbrook, PA 19087, USA). IONOS Platform implement security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information, details of which are available at
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You are free to remove or delete content from your user account/profile and your account/ profile at any point in time. However, the history of your activities and account on our Platform remains available to us.
You may correct, amend, add or delete Personal Information from your account at any time by logging in and visiting your profile page. As noted above, you may opt out from unwanted e-mail communications from us by following the instructions in the message. However, until your account is deleted you will continue to receive all system e-mails.
Under Section 5(6) of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 (“Rules”), you have a right to ask us to review, correct and amend the information we collect about you at any point in time. Under Section 5(7) of the Rules, you also have the right to revoke your consent to the collection of your information going forward. However, please note that revoking your consent may negatively affect your use of the Platform. For instance, we need access to your mobile device’s media folder and camera so that you can click pictures from your mobile device and post them on the Platform, which functionality will not be available to you if you do not provide us such access. You may also ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at grievance However, we require a reasonable period of 30 (thirty) days to comply with any of your requests.
We do not retain your Sensitive Personal Information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may be lawfully used. For any other content, we will entertain your request for deletion, however, there is a strong possibility that copies of any public content will be retained indefinitely in our systems, including in cached and archived pages of the Platform, or if other users have copied or saved that information. In addition, due to the nature of the internet, copies of your content, including content that you have removed or deleted from your account, may also exist elsewhere on the Internet and be retained indefinitely. “Sensitive Personal Information” shall mean passwords and any other information that is classified as sensitive under Section 3 of the Rules.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
The Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, Affiliates and/or any other websites or mobile applications. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or mobile applications.
Third Party Embeds
Some of the content that you see displayed on the Platform is not hosted by the Platform. These “embeds” are hosted by a third-party and embedded in the Platform. These files send data to the hosted site just as if you were visiting that site directly
Privacy with Third Party Embeds
Sharing Personal Information with Third Party Embeds
Creating Your Own Third Party Embed
COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
We may from time to time send you service-related announcements when we consider it necessary to do so. We send these to you via SMS. You may not opt-out of these service-related announcements, which are not promotional in nature and used solely to protect your account and keep you informed of important changes to the Platform.
Nosmem has a Grievance cell to address your concerns regarding data safety, privacy, and the Platform usage concerns. We will resolve the issues raised by you within 30 (thirty) days from receiving them. You may contact the Grievance Cellat Email: firstname.lastname@example.org